Home Forums FZ750 freaks Looking for engine mount parts , also have some parts for trade.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    al
    Participant

Hey, Glad to find this place.. I am new to this bike and new to the bike world.. I was given this bike from my dad who had it in pieces for 14 years now in an attempt to fix a gear bearing .. In the process of him moving around some of these parts are MIA .. I was able to score 2 engines almost complete but am missing the sub frame mounting brackets both sides , the proper name in the service manual is “frame down tubes” anyways I was hoping if someone would have these bad boys around as spare and might need an engine piece or 2 to trade or something.. if you feel that that may be you let me know!! I want to get this bike going.. the bike is 85 fz750.. thanks.

Jukka Häyrinen
    Participant

Congratz for a great bike (once u’ve got it in one piece first;-) I don’t have much of spares at all.. U surely have tried German and UK ebay too? Can u please tell the odometer reading (miles or km’s) of that FZ of yours? That might help me to determine, in the future, if my FZ’s odo is on the 1st or 2nd round.. Hopefully not very soon though. It now has 30 smth.

al
    Participant

So from my od it is 399881 km and it was 1998 when it was last on the road if that helps .. I seen on eBay they have em for sale so I know I can get them I just have a lot of engine parts now and figured maybe someone was looking for an expensive peice and I could save em some cash by doing a trade ..I can’t wait to ride this thing!

Jukka Häyrinen
    Participant

OK, thanx. I think I’ve read be4 from smwhr that this gear bearing problem appears at 70 – 80 tkm, so maybe ur bike is having it the 2nd time at 140 tkm.. So I may find it out soon if my bikes’ odo is in it’s 1st or 2nd round since it’s at 38 tkm now.. hehe..

al
    Participant

here is a pic , and the engine looks in really good shape inside …remeber its been off the road 14 years and I don’t see any record of bought bearings in the past just the one that my dad purchased… I even have the original sale receipt of the bike! $5386.90 in 1986

Jukka Häyrinen
    Participant

OK, that’s that with my investigation work then. US$5386 in 1986 equals 27 000 Finnish Marks (FIM), that’s for a NEW FZ750, well, I bought my 1st ’85 FZ750 in the summer of 1988, 2nd hand, ex track bike, painted all over (cool flake grey..) and scratch+dent in the other muffler. It was fast (most likely still had some tuning in it left, I’d love to know what it was..) The bike took easily to 260+ km/h (to N of word JAPAN), and yes it had the original exhaust still. I paid 38 000 FIM of it. U can count yourself blessed there ;-D Oh yea: sixhundredandsixtysiiiiiix!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.