Home › Forums › FZ750 freaks › Not sure if this is in the right place, or if I even own a FZ750! but I could use some advice. › Re: Not sure if this is in the right place, or if I even own a FZ750! but I could use some advice.
After 2 months of work I thought I was about a week from firing the engine, but I’ve hit a number of problems that I could use some help with.
1. I think the chap who sold me the buggy may have ‘misplaced’ the CDI unit. I also can’t locate any of the following:
• Clutch switch
• Fuel and . . . switches (locate on the left side of the wiring diagram just below the AC generator, they go into the main relay and the high beam blub ) My diagram’s missing hal the name
• CDI unit
• Thermo switch
• Temperature gauge
• Oil light
• Thermo unit
Which are necessary for the engine to run and which can be by-passed?
2. Does the thermostat housing and cap mean there’s no need for an expansion tank? And would any thermostat & cap that fits work or is it FZ750 specific?
3. On my diagram I have decided to earth each component individually rather than run them all back to the negative leg on the battery will this be OK?
4. I assume that like a car ignition a motorbike key turns 2 clicks before pushing to a third? If so will I be able to wire it so that the first 2 clicks can be operated by one ON/OFF toggle and the 3rd by a push to make missile switch (from an actual fighter jet!)
5. From looking at various pictures online I believe the hydraulic clutch pipework enters the engine just in front of the spur gear, all I have is a rod that slides in an out of the gearbox. I have a spare brake master cylinder will that work, and how to I plumb it in?
6. The wiring diagram I have is for a single pick-up model, my engine has two is the wiring drastically different as I can’t find a diagram anywhere online for my model.