Home Forums FZ750 freaks Not sure if this is in the right place, or if I even own a FZ750! but I could use some advice. Re: Not sure if this is in the right place, or if I even own a FZ750! but I could use some advice.

John
Participant

well i just did a rewire on the fz and with a lot of theory and study found it a doddle to wire up the ignition and starter.Your mechanic mate shall have it running in 2 hours. its just a solid state ign. with crank signal, igniter……usual bits.earth the coils well and the only reason for a diagram is a want of a circuit tester. coils run 1-3 & 2-4 cyl. as you may have figured. Many FZ Genesis motors wind up in buggys due to the fear factor on two wheels but its to bloody powerful and leggy for a go cart so the result is worse than m/cycle shock factor. Hammer the 4-10K rpm range with (reported by Yamaha) 105 H.P. available, it will not disappoint . Unlike its destroyer who savaged the original. There is an FZR that shares the same motor as FZ so check the engine code if it hasn’t been grinded off. 2LM is the first FZR I understand.Fz are 1FN,then a whole bunch of numbers to 2MG & 3?? not sure but you’ll find it on this site if you look about. Break a leg.